The Reason for the Blog
As your pastor, allow me to stress upfront how humanly impossible it is for me to establish formal classroom training at this time, for the following reasons:
1. We don’t have a building just yet that we can sit together in and dialogue.
2. Scheduling conflicts make face-to-face meeting times difficult.
Yet, with the increase of newly appointed leaders at Rehoboth, some type of ongoing training is certainly necessary, especially now that our bible institute is in a hiatus status. Thus, for all the right reasons, I have decided on a more convenient, practical, and contemporary format (blogging) as an alternative and best practice for developing the skills needed as a Christian leader. I believe the more we develop together, the better we will lead God’s people today and tomorrow.
Moreover, as a valued leader at Rehoboth, I don't want to see you become a disgruntled follower, resulting from a lack of training. Yet, I know firsthand how lonely it can be sitting in a new position without any guidance or direction. The truth is, when senior leaders are aloof in their responsibility to become accessible to their junior leaders—ears become closed, and frustration tends to set in on both sides.
Lastly, it is best said—“past success is an indication of future success.” Hence, I believe this great door (the bldg) has opened in this season for Rehoboth because of the devotion and hard work we put forth last season—when the leadership team sat together at the Ramada discussing community, evangelism, personal evangelism, and so on. I truly believe God will honor us again, if we treat this blog in the same way we treated the classroom.
What the blog is not:
Now that you know my reasons for starting this blog, let’s talk about what the blog is not.
· This blog is not homework but heart-work
· This blog should not be time consuming
· This blog in no way is setup to make a difference between leaders and congregants
Pastor’s 3 Goals
1. To help you grow as a leader in-and-out of Rehoboth
2. To grow alongside you as we edify one another and God’s people
3. To establish a forum outside of church where leaders can touch each other
How to get the best out of it!
I would encourage you to set aside devoted time for this personal development and best practice. Reading through each blog should take you no more than 10 minutes. Yet, if you are unable to read a lesson due to time constraints, read the blog the next day. Yet, what you don’t want to do is to let a week or so go by before you have read and understood a lesson. Also, post a comment for other bloggers to read and comment.
Closing Remarks
Moreover, blogging will allow us to cross-pollinate our learning together. For instance, I may blog “the role of a deacon” ...well, as an elder, pastor, or evangelist, this knowledge will help you better understand exactly what the bible says regarding that position. The more we understand each other’s role at Rehoboth, the stronger our leadership team will become.
Remember, what you put in, is what you will get back!
Shalom
I finally got the correct Blog Spot pastor and i'm looking forward to learning from my Sheperd. Love you!
ReplyDeletetoGod be the glory !
ReplyDelete